Prospective businesses have various options in FTZ 68, they are:
- Use a 3rd Party Logistics Warehouse that offers FTZ services (Interested party should contact 3PL directly for rates, See list in About FTZ No. 68)
- Activation of a Distribution Facility in the General Purpose Zone.
- Prospective business can be set up as an FTZ User where a company operates under the Customs bond of the City ( Fees are based on transaction activity)
- Prospective business if owner of goods can activate as its own Distribution Operator (annual fee based)
Contact FTZ Manager
David R. Panko
501 George Perry, Suite i
El Paso, TX 79925
- Contact the Grantee/Operator to discuss the intended processes and procedures desired for implementation
- Fill out and return the FTZ Activation Information Sheet to FTZ No. 68 office.
- Complete a Firm File Application and submit to CBP to ensure the company has an active import or custodial bond and importer number assigned
- Provide a list of key personnel to CBP to conduct a background investigation, and general employee list for all others working in the activated area
- Prepare a Procedures Manual
- Obtain a FTZ Bond (surety bond) for the benefit of the City. Also a CBP bond based on the type of User or Operator bond required by CBP.
- Provide a Certificate of Insurance with the City as an additional insured on User’s General Liability and Automobile Policies, amounts on each policy are $500,000 for bodily injury or death and $100,000 for property damage for each occurrence
- Pay activation fee to the City of El Paso
- Submit a letter to FTZ Operator requesting activation and sign a FTZ Operator or User Agreement