The FTZ program helps American and foreign companies improve their competitive position in the global market economy. The FTZ program allows U.S.-based companies to defer, reduce or even eliminate Customs duties on products admitted to the zone. Benefits to business and industry include:
- Duty elimination on exports.
- Duty elimination on scrap and defective merchandise
- Duty deferral until merchandise enters U.S. territory
- Duty reduction on foreign components which carry a higher duty rate than the finished article
- No time constraints on storage
- Shorter transit time - Direct Delivery for Owner of Goods
- Streamlined logistics - Weekly Entries & Weekly Exports
- Avoid Customs Fines and Seizures
- Eliminate Drawback
- Zone-to-Zone Transfers
- Improve Cash Flow and Profitability
- Reduced Bond & Brokerage Costs
- Electronic admission
- Security risks are much lower than in any offshore facility
- Avoid Taxes: No state and local ad valorem taxes apply to foreign merchandise in an FTZ.
Advantages of El Paso’s FTZ No. 68
- One-stop shop, U.S. Customs Inspectors located onsite at FTZ administrative offices
- Tax exemption of inventory held in active zone
- Electronic admission available directly from FTZ 68 GP Operator
- Strategically located on the U.S.- Mexico border
- Largest air cargo facility along the US-Mexico border located at El Paso International Airport
- Located on a major interstate highway system with international trucking facilities
- Access to rail facilities serving every major North American market
- The City of El Paso’s Economic Development Department may be able to offer additional incentives based on jobs and/or investment amount.
Manufacturing Business Incentive (MBI)
Are you looking to expand your markets but need help?
Need to save time and money getting your manufacturing project started?
As we continually promote the growing economy in the region, the City of El Paso’s Foreign Trade Zone has established the Manufacturing Business Incentive. The MBI helps manufacturing companies expand their markets or compete on a global scale through the use of El Paso’s Foreign-Trade Zone. The objective is easy: to help business grow by reducing the start up cost and speeding up the approval process for a manufacturing business to set up in FTZ No. 68.
- Grantee application fee is waived.
- Grantee activation fee is waived.
- Grantee annual fee and transactions fees, if applicable, are waived for first year.
- Receive start up support from FTZ No. 68 Grantee/Operator. FTZ Operations Training fees are also waived for up to four (4) key employees.
- An application must be submitted to the FTZ Manager for review & approval. If the business is selected for the MBI, it will sign an agreement with the City of El Paso.
- The business must conduct manufacturing as defined by U.S. Customs regulations.
- The business must apply for production authority through the U.S. Foreign Trade Zones Board, and be responsible for paying consultant and FTZ Board Fees necessary to obtain manufacturing approval in a Foreign Trade Zone.
Want to get started? Questions about MBI? 915-771-6016 or email@example.com