Services & Zone Sites
Foreign-Trade Zone #68 is Grantee for El Paso and oversees the entire Foreign-Trade Zone program for El Paso County as well as operates as General Purpose Zone Operator.
As Grantee, FTZ 68 works on behalf of our existing General Purpose and Subzones to ensure they operate within Foreign-Trade Zones Board in Washington DC and Customs regulations, as well as filing all applications to expand or modify the Zone (including Manufacturing or Distribution Site Operators) and establish Subzones. The Grantee also submits the annual report to the Foreign-Trade Zones Board for the entire zone project under its grant.
As the General Purpose Zone Operator, FTZ 68 oversees compliance with companies that are setup as under an FTZ User agreement to operate. FTZ 68 has become El Paso’s “One-Stop-Shop” for international trade by providing on-site US Customs officers that specialize in Foreign-Trade Zones and “in bond” processes. FTZ 68 provides a resource of online support services contacts with local Customs Brokers and freight forwarding agents, as well as other resources such as FTZ training seminars.
- Manage the Zone’s schedule, FTZ Agreements with Operators
- Federal Government Liaison
- Representation with US Customs and PGA’s & mitigation of Fines and Penalties
- E-214 Connectivity
- Regulatory Compliance: auditing, monthly & annual reconciliation
- FTZ Operations Training seminars
New Business Development
- Startup new FTZ User, Distribution Operators, and Manufacturing
- Regional Coordination and Promotion with other local government and community stakeholders
- Information and Referral
- FTZ No. 68 receives delegations from institutions, organizations and entities, state and international that wants to get to know the program and its activities
- Reverse trade missions from foreign delegations visiting El Paso
- Free trade zone promotional & collaboration agreements
There are eleven (11) third-party logistics providers in Zone 68 that offer FTZ public warehouse services in addition to other logistical solutions and value added services. Services (not all services provided by all 3PLs) include Manipulation and distribution, storage, light manufacturing, customs brokerage and freight forwarding.
The airport zone site is the initial site of Zone 68, containing 1,065 acres. This includes Butterfield Trail Industrial Park, the Air Cargo Complex and the shovel ready Global Reach Science & Technology Park. The airport leases the land to private investors/developers who have built out facilities for leasing. While the other zone sites are privately owned properties in the east, central, southeast parts of El Paso totaling 2,376 acres. Interested parties may contact a realtor for available buildings through Zone 68. You can view the FTZ 68 Map link http://ftz.elpasotexas.gov/map.php.If you need assistance in determining if your preferred site is FTZ designated, please contact the FTZ Manager at (915) 771-6016.