El Paso Trade & Investment Mission
Organized by El Paso International Airport:
FTZ NEWS Special Bulletin - BOGOTA and CARTAGENA, COLOMBIA - January 18-23
Past and Future Trade Missions:
• México City, México, Oct. 2-5, 2012
• Barçelona, Spain, Oct. 19-24, 2013
• Bogotá and Cartagena, Colombia, Jan. 18-24, 2015
El Paso Regional Presentation
READY TO GO GLOBAL?
The City of El Paso & US Commercial Service staff can provide advice on how to make your individual mission a success. Future trade missions that are under consideration for 2016 and on include: Dominican Republic, Germany, China & Chile (in no particular order).
Trade & Investment Mission
Purpose: FTZ No. 68 office promotes export-focused trade missions for the purpose of growing El Paso exports and creating jobs. In addition, the trade &investment mission provides companies that participate with an opportunity to travel overseas to meet with prospective international business partners face-to-face, greatly enhancing the potential for business success. The trade mission provides an enhanced business development platform for businesses including: business matchmaking, country business briefings, networking opportunities, in-country support and follow-up assistance. In addition, the mission provides peace of mind for traveling to a foreign country.
Expected Outcomes of this 2015 Trade mission to Colombia:
- Initiate an alliance with key Colombian agencies for best practices and strategic marketing through global partnerships.
- Promote the greater El Paso region through an investment seminar in Bogotá and Cartagena, Colombia.
- Provide a venue for El Paso businesses to do B2B meetings with interested foreign businesses.
- Meet with various target industries for investment in El Paso.
- Initiate talks with Colombian higher education institutions on research and academic partnerships.
- Initiate talks with Bogotá and Cartagena museums for cultural exchanges.